In parallel with the Shenzhen Design Week, the Shenzhen Global Design Award is organized to recognize and reward outstanding designers with creativity, vision, foresight, and influence.designers from different countries and inspire the industrialization of designs as well as the promotion of design thinking.
The 3rd SDA targets 5 categories: Industrial & Product / Communication / Architecture / Interior / Fashion.
While its most eye-catching feature is the total prize of 1,000,000 CNY, SDA strives to brand and promote the winning designs and their authors through various activities, such as tour of exhibitions, constant media coverage, etc. Thus, SDA will become one important and effective window through which foreign designers and design institutions could enter the huge Chinese market.
The Shenzhen Design Week is a big initiative engineered by the authorities to support the design communities. With the first edition starting in late April 2017, it is an international annual design event sponsored by the Shenzhen Municipal Government, administered by the Shenzhen City of Design Promotion Office, and organized by Shenzhen City of Design Promotion Association (SDPA).
It aims to provide platforms for international exchange, communication and cooperation in various design categories. It also provides good opportunities for designers from around the world to showcase their talents through different events such as exhibitions, workshops, and forums, etc.
Scholars, policy makers, managers, students in relevant fields and professional designers all over the world are welcome to participate in these events happening simultaneously during the course of one week over different parts of the city.
Being the first special economic zone in China, Shenzhen grows from a small fishermen village of 300,000 people ashore South China Sea to a metropolis of over 20 million with the nation’s fastest growing economy in just 40 years.
Recognized as the birth place of China’s modern design, Shenzhen has been attracting design talents around the country and her flourishing design industries cover various categories, including graphic, industrial and product, fashion, architectural, interior, etc.
In 2008, Shenzhen was designated the City of Design by UNESCO and joined the Creative Cities Network which currently consists of 180 members.
In recent years, the Municipal Government of Shenzhen has been strongly supporting the design communities and boosting the design industries with large investments, aiming to transform the manufacturing hub of the world into a premium design hub.
The 3rd SDA targets 5 categories: Industrial & Product / Communication / Architecture / Interior / Fashion. Each category respectively has its jury panel and each jury panel is responsible for selecting the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Nomination Award winners within the category.
1. The "Special Award for Sustainable Development” is set up in order to reinforce the public interest and future-oriented nature of SDA. This special award winner will be named by the special final jury composed of the chairmen and vice-chairmen of four Juries, one for each category.
2. Winner of the Special Award will be chosen from all entries and are not limited to projects that have already received other awards. Winner of the Special Award can also be winner of other awards.
3. All prizes are pre-tax amount. All prizes are subject to income tax in accordance with local law, or SDA Secretariat can pay the prize after paying tax on winners’ behalves.
（Special Award for Sustainable Development）
1. The payment of the prize will be arranged after the SDA Awarding Ceremony and paid in accordance with fiscal regulations and tax procedures of the People's Republic of China. Taxes of up to 20% may be levied on winnings.
2. The payment of the prize could take up to 6 months (starting from the second day of SDA Awarding Ceremony). Winners are required to provide all the materials needed for the payment to the SDA secretariat before deadline. If submission of materials is delayed, the recipient of the prize changes or any other situation happens on the winner’s account, the SDA Secretariat has the right to postpone the payment and Secretariat’s explanation shall be final.
3. International winners are strongly suggested to receive the prize via personal bank account. If Recipient differs from the winner, a signed/stamped authorization letter is required for payment.
The 3rd SDA targets 5 categories: Industrial & Product / Communication / Architecture / Interior / Fashion. We welcome designers/teams/companies working in fields including but not limited to:
Public buildings & facilities
Urban & Landscape
Public Exhibition & Installation
Public and Cultural Spaces
Offices & Accommodation
Automobiles / Vehicles
Sports & Leisure
Babies & Kids
Bags & luggage
Identity & Branding
Publishing & Print Media
Entrants must register on the official website of the Award and upload supporting documents (all materials must be written in English) before 17:00, 5 June 2020 (GMT+8:00) by following the steps below:
Read the terms and conditions carefully, create user name and password before logging in.
Complete designer (individual/team/company)and project information and submit.
After passing the preliminary examination, the works and additional materials shall be sent to the warehouse before due date.
1.Please do NOT deliver projects to the Secretariat office! Address of the warehouse will be sent to entrant's registered email together with confirmation of passing the phase one evaluation.
2.After materials pass the examination of the Secretariat, entrants must submit the supporting and other legal documents requested by the SDA Secretariat by 17:00, 25 June, 2020 (GMT+8:00). Click here to download the template.